cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Data Bolt on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i currently have 2 phones (iPhone/Android) and was looking to switch between the 2.

I notice i can change my data bolt on online which is great, however i get the following message

"Are you sure you want to add this Bolt On?

1GB UK Data

Adding this Bolt On means these Bolt On(s) will also be removed:

1GB UK Data for iPhone

If you click on yes, we will add it to your account on 4th December 2013"

My questions is, how come the huge delay before this goes active? 24 hours would be reasonable, but over a week?  I may want to switch phones on a adhoc basis, but that delay would put a stop to that.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

The O2 site link is down for maintenance at the moment but there is an external link here

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Doing it online will always set it to change at your billing date.
If you want to switch it immediately you'll have to call 202 from your phone and talk to CS. They can set it to change at midnight on the night you call.
However, you can keep your iPhone bolt on and use it in an android phone and also vice versa - It just requires a small adjustment to your apn's.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats good to know, thank you.

Changing the APN, sounds much quicker and easier - is there a link to the correct APN settings for a non-iPhone?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

The O2 site link is down for maintenance at the moment but there is an external link here

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant thank you very much
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No probs slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6