cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of tariff - simplicity pay monthly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

My contract ends up in June 2015 but I just realised that O2 has introduced completely new tarrifs. I pay over £17 for 300 mins and 500MB of data. Now for £16 you can have 1000 mins and 1GB data. Is there any way I could change except for paying for all time left till June 2015? I don't want to pay less, that I can understand, but why shouldn't I have the new allowances? I think it would be fair to loyal customers to give them what new customers get.

Regards

Dave

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow sorry it shows that I am a complete noob here so please ignore my last two posts here as I just looked into that tariff deal and it is on a sim only deal for 12 months getting 1000 minutes, unlimited txts and 1GB data.

So I am guessing that is a good deal if you already have a phone and just want a contract sim for £16 per month for all the above. But my contract for just over £17 a month which includes 300 minutes, unlimited txts, and 500mb data is that price because I am paying to own the phone I also recieved with that deal as well, so I  now I feel all deflated as the extra minutes really looked attractive, but I am glad I looked into it a little more before I actually asked them to do it.

Thanks for giving me something to do though 🙂 This is a great forum and I really like the fact that most people don't hold back on there thoughts and feelings about matters. We should all be this way and the world would be a more honest place as it would be harder to pull the wool over our eyes.. Always ask questions, try and get that little bit more, as it is a known fact that us British don't tend to haggle like most other countries where that is actually a way of life, and I guess that is why it is so hard for us to do it as people just don't expect it and shop workers are not prepared/ or qualified to answer it, or give the discounts. Where as most other countries know what there % profit etc is and are prepared to haggle for business, and they look forward to us Brits turning up and paying full price for everything we just bought increasing there profits from the others LOL 🙂

Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great advice from the guys there. slight_smile

If you look in your Myo2 you will see what's available to you.

However in life ~ if you don't ask, you won't get !

Good luck.

slight_smile
Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I chatted with them today and unfortunately they can't do that. The only way is to pay off the rest of my contract or change to a more expensive tariff. I'm not happy. Thanks anyway.

Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Worth asking.

Sorry they can't achieve what your wanting.
Message 14 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93942 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would ask again @Anonymous you did phone didn't you and not use live chat?
Message 16 of 21

MI5
  • 149128 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
You can only change to what your My O2 says you can change to without paying off your existing tariff.
Click on Change My Tariff and you can choose anything that is shown.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Customer services are able to swap tarrifs to ones that are not shown in my O2 it's just whether they will or not they did for me before maybe I was lucky
Message 18 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would ask again @Anonymous you did phone didn't you and not use live chat?

Hiya, just a quick question to ask why you would suggest phoning rather than live chat ?

Are live chat restricted to what they can do then ?

Only reason I ask is because I had great success with live chat today where calling them had failed on many occasions so I actually thought this was the way to go from now on.

Thanks and look forward to hearing back from you and the reason I ask is I am going to try and see what sort of deals I can get on the new Iphone 6 when it comes into stock.

Gav

Message 19 of 21

MI5
  • 149128 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Your experience bucks the trend. Whilst occasionally live chat come good we mostly hear of them failing to either understand or complete any requests made of them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 20 of 21