cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of tariff - simplicity pay monthly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

My contract ends up in June 2015 but I just realised that O2 has introduced completely new tarrifs. I pay over £17 for 300 mins and 500MB of data. Now for £16 you can have 1000 mins and 1GB data. Is there any way I could change except for paying for all time left till June 2015? I don't want to pay less, that I can understand, but why shouldn't I have the new allowances? I think it would be fair to loyal customers to give them what new customers get.

Regards

Dave

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

In an ideal world you would think they would let you change but unfortunately this isn't the case. As you rightly summise, you would have to pay off the remainder of the contract to change to the better tariff. It's a fact of life that tariffs and offers change from time to time as markets fluctuate and the networks compete with each other for market share.

Not what you wanted to hear I'm afraid and loyalty means absolutely nothing these days.

Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
They don't have to do it and may not but I have known of people phoning customer services when new tarriffs come out and getting changed over you can only try if they say no first time try a few times
Message 3 of 21

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I agree @Anonymous it's certainly worth calling them, you never know you could get a really sympathetic adviser.

Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only reason I say it @jonsie is I did it myself twice when the tarriffs changed so know it is possible wink
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, I'll try to call them tomorrow. If it was only a minor change in tarrifs I would give up but the change was tremendous.

Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome please come back and let us know how you get on good luck slight_smile
Message 7 of 21

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to take advice from this and try the same thing then as my contract is currently the same as the OP so might as well give it a go.

It can't hurt trying, the worst thing that can happen is a I get a "NO" and if this happens I will ring back and ask again haha until they get fed up with me and give it me anyway.

I say this as in fairness as I go over my internet allowence and call allowance failry regular but only by a small amount so this would actually save me a few quid a month and in the climate we are in right now every penny helps.

I can see I am being led astray already, and I have only posted a few posts haha 😉

Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

And also to Davecl my contract expires the same month as you as well, how strange haha, but I always need more minutes. I would even be willing to still pay £17 and not £16 just to get the minutes and the 1gb instead of 300 minutes and 500mb data. That makes a massive difference. The minutes more than the data as I have wifi at home so rarely go over the 500mb.

Give me more minutes O2 hehe 😉

Message 10 of 21