cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for a refund on my account?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, basically I paid my phone bill early and didn't realise how rubbish O2 was that they don't have an automatic hold system if a bill is paid. They charged my twice now. I spoke to live chat operator last Friday who said we shall refund it. It's only a direct debit really it should take that long. Anyone know how long it will take, as I do need the money quite urgently.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
A refund typically takes around 2 weeks.

I would also advise you to call Customer Service on 202 to ensure the refund is on its way and not rely on live chat.

Unless you advise o2 otherwise they wouldn't normative refund, they would use the credit against your next bill.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
A refund typically takes around 2 weeks.

I would also advise you to call Customer Service on 202 to ensure the refund is on its way and not rely on live chat.

Unless you advise o2 otherwise they wouldn't normative refund, they would use the credit against your next bill.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
They can sometimes make the refund happen quicker if you push. IN my experience anyway
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous Please also remember that when you pay by direct debit, in order for the funds to come out of your back on the right day, the company will actually send the file of payments to BACS several days before.

This happens with EVERY company who collect payments by direct debit. So if for example your payment is due on the 15th of the month, o2 may well send the payment schedule anytime from the 8th to the 13th. So when you made your payment, if it was just before your actual payment date o2 may have already requested it to come out hence the double payment.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The DD would not have been taken if you had given enough time for the manual payment to clear your account. In future leave at least 8 clear days or just wait for the normal DD payment to process.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5