cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling during the cooling period - first month refunded?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've had a friend who recently has taken out a contract through Carphone Warehouse with O2 - but they've made a mistake with the contract as they had an offer with the iPhone 6 handset cost being cheaper than usual with a code - but it didn't work. I know we can cancel the contract and get a refund on the handset cost as we've spoken directly to them, but they've also been charged this morning for the first payment of the contract (£32). 

When we cancel the contract through Carphone Warehouse and get a refund on the handset, will they also get a refund on this first bill payment? We haven't done anything with the phone, haven't unboxed it or anything.

Thank you in advance for any help on this topic! 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

It's all done automatically. Once the account is closed down, any moneys you are owed will be refunded back to your account.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous As long as you cancel within the cooling off period...then yes you should be fully refunded as long as you haven't used the phone at all..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should just be a straight refund
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

It's all done automatically. Once the account is closed down, any moneys you are owed will be refunded back to your account.

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This is all between the OP and Carphone Warehouse. Nothing really to do with O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

This is all between the OP and Carphone Warehouse. Nothing really to do with O2.

The handset refund is CPW responsibility,but the bill refund is issued by O2. Once CPW mark the handset as returned,the account will be closed and then the refund is issued.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There will be a deduction for anything used outside of any allowances though, but otherwise a straight refund.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7