Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract for tablet

Hayley16
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive sold the tablet and dont want the new owner to have access to my contract/details can i cancel access and just keep paying monthly 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Hayley16 

You need to factory reset the tablet and remove the sim card.

You can keep paying for it monthly or pay off the device plan and cancel the airtime.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10632 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Hayley16 

You will still need to pay for both the airtime and the device plan if you are still within the minimum terms, but all you need to do is take out the sim card and wipe the device, they wont have access to your contract or details

Just be aware that if you fail to keep up repayments o2 can block the tablet and make it unusable with a sim card.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 10

Hayley16
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did a factory reset but had to re input my email address and password to allow access to the new buyer. They could then log on… they went threw settings etc to show me it was now under their name…. I did not take out a sin card though! Bit late now! Will i be okay. Ive reset my password for googlemail

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Hayley16 

They will be using your sim which you are paying for.

I suggest you pay off the device, cancel the airtime and change every single password for each app and account that you used on the tablet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 10

Hayley16
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Appreciate ur help. I asked the buyer to check for a sim but they say there isn't one in there. And i dont recall having to put one in? Luckily i didnt use any apps or anything literally turnt it on and used google once!

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

Did you buy it from O2 @Hayley16 ?

Message 7 of 10

Hayley16
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It came supposedly “free” with my contract (thats a whole other story 🙄 ) but yes was from o2, i pay like £5 a month or something 

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Hayley16 

It will most certainly have a sim attached to the account.

If you didn't install it, you'll be OK, but either way, you need to cancel it or you will continue to pay for it forever.

You'll need to check your MyO2 for the number attached to it and contact O2 to cancel it.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 9 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Could report the sim as lost?

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 10