Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls UK > Guernsey and Guernsey > UK

IslandBoy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I would appreciate some clarity on Guernsey costs as I have contradictory information from chat and customer service call. I have an O2 12 month Pay Monthly contract.

Plus, it seems to be asymmetric.

1. When I called, I was told calling Guernsey from UK would cost 15p per minute.
  2. On a chat, I was pointed to the web page that said 55p per minute.

Which is correct?

It also seems that using my SIM in Guernsey to call UK is included in my bundle minutes Roaming in Europe | Pay Monthly | Help | O2 as Guernsey is in the Europe Zone.

However, there is no bundle which will include minutes to Guernsey from UK. So O2 don't think Guernsey is in UK (which it isn't but it is in the Ofcom UK number plan), or in Europe or International. Unless you're in Guernsey calling UK when all of a sudden Guernsey magically reappears in the Europe Zone.

What does calling Guernsey cost, what does calling UK from Guernsey cost and why is it so complicated? (It's more expensive to call Guernsey than call China! Makes no sense whatsoever.)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@IslandBoy 

It's classed as any other Europe zone country so included in allowances when roaming but chargeable to call from the UK.

Calls are 55p per min 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/calling-abroad-standard-rates

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@IslandBoy 

There's also the International Bolt On https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/the-international-bolt-on

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

IslandBoy
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 charges 19.5p to call Ireland and EU "including outermost regions". 55p to Guernsey. There is no justification for this. Or for the call in one direction to be included in your minutes but not in the other. EE is 18p and it is included in their international add-on. Three is included in normal bundle as it's in Go Roam.

Message 4 of 5

IslandBoy
  • 24 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Guernsey is not on the International list. Gibraltar is! Why is a Crown Dependency treated worse than a BOT? 

O2 International Bolt-on.png

Message 5 of 5