Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brighton kemp town no signal bn2

Sparkybradley
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No or week signal in kemp town due to The mast in the royal Sussex county hospital has been removed in readiness for a helicopter pad no new mast has been installed in the area to maintain coverage this was switched off on the 25th march 2013 O2 don't appear to have a solution yet in signal any ware in the hospital and very week outside and surrounding area phone is needed for work so no point being on O2 now as all I get all day is no network or searching so get a load of texts and voicemails when I go home
Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable

No.  They all just take you a generic support page with a list of products/services as does the How To Complain link at the bottom of the page.

Message 121 of 173

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The page here worked for me but it's incredibly slow to load:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 122 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
update: o2's electricians have re instated the power supply to the roof of the tower Block and the heaven equipment is being lifted to the roof on Sunday slight_smile
Message 123 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie

Thanks for the link but it's just the same - generic support page with a list of topics down the side, none of which relates to complaints.  Anyway I've now had a reply which is basically waffle: 'speak to our network team service team... if they confirm that the coverage at [sic] your area cant [sic] be any better even after the work on the mast is finsihed, they'll add such notes on the account.  You can then write to us and we'll look into the matter'.  So no acknowledgement that they haven't been providing a decent service since April.  They've lost my custom.

Message 124 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, unless my eyes deceive me, I saw a phone mast (of sorts) on top of the Thomas Kemp tower today, but our phone signals are no better - Sparkybradley, have you any info regarding when O2 might be switching their equipment on?!  After 3 months, we've all but given up hope!

Message 125 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@gammaraygirl
yes the mast is going up and was ment to be switched on Thursday 20th but is running behind and is now expected Friday 21st as long as the bad weather don't put it back any the further tomorrow so all going well by weekend cross your fingers everyone slight_smile
Message 126 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the new mast give better signal to the Marina due to it being higher up? I work down there and don't get any signal at all when I'm inside with the current temp mast.

Message 127 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@brandy
if you had a signal before the old mast was removed then the new one should be as good or better as its all new equipment and carrying the new 4g when launched
Message 128 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thanks. I did indeed get signal before!

Message 129 of 173

Sparkybradley
  • 41 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
looks like things are running behind the new masts are up and cabling all in but no panel yet 😞 hope they work weekends looks to me as though there is still 2-3 days work 😞
Message 130 of 173