Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brainless staff

Raw1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently upgraded my sim only contract to another sim only deal which was slightly better.

One of the staff members at customer service sent me a new sim and activated it for me before letting me do it myself when it arrives, now my current sim is not working with no coverage and i have to wait 2-3 days till the new sim arrives. I can’t go to work because i need my phone for work! Anyone had this issue before? I’m really annoyed and I will definitely be leaving o2 once I receive my PAC code. !!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Raw1 

For some strange unfathomable reason, this seems to be the new policy.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Raw1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

It can’t be a new policy because O2 sent me a email saying, please click this link to activate your new sim when it arrives 🫤

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

That's because the standard responses haven't been updated yet and probably won't be for a while either.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, @Raw1 @MI5. I checked this and can confirm it is a known issue. Your SIM card shouldn't have been activated before arriving.

Would you like me to direct message you, @Raw1, for more details, so this can be escalated and hopefully reverse the activation for you?

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 5 of 5