Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bills

Wilf1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

trying to reduce my monthly bill but not getting much help from 02.but cannot afford to leave due to the amount still owed on device.any help will be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27611 Solutions

Unless you are on a recent flex tariff there’s no way of lowering your monthly payments without paying off your device plan unfortunately.
https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs 

If your phone covers the cost you could sell it to clear your device plan, then buy a cheaper PAYG Phone to use your SIM card in or even upgrade to a cheaper phone and tariff. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27611 Solutions

Unless you are on a recent flex tariff there’s no way of lowering your monthly payments without paying off your device plan unfortunately.
https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs 

If your phone covers the cost you could sell it to clear your device plan, then buy a cheaper PAYG Phone to use your SIM card in or even upgrade to a cheaper phone and tariff. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3671 Solutions

@Wilf1 If you're having difficulty paying your bill, speak to someone in customer service. Calling to explain your problem would be preferable to using Live Chat. A solution may be found, although it might involve restrictions on your phone usage. That is preferable to being disconnected for non-payment, which would give you a whole other world of problems.

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Cheers @MI5 and @Bambino for the advice!

@Wilf1 Let us know how you get on with this please, and if you have any additional question as well slight_smile 

Welcome

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4