O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Signal at home

Well it looks like my signal problems will not ever be resolved.
I have been offered £4 a moth off my contract (50+) or just to cancel contract and hand back my phone?! THERE is nothing they can do.as the signal just doesn't get to us. The postcode says 2g but I might get 1 bar to send a text if I wander about outside or leave my home and travel approx 1.5 miles. I am only 2 miles out of Lesmahagow! In this day and age it is a disgrace that rural communities (THAT NEED THE SECURITY OF PHONE CONTACT) are just abandoned. Feeling sad.
Level 35: Originator

Re: Signal at home

Have they offered or have you asked for a boostbox?
Some people have been offered one (either free or for a one off cost).
It works by linking to a home (fixed line) broad band and acts like a mini mast.
Is the above based on a complaint or a call in to customer services?
If just a call, try submitting a complaint first to see what they offer.
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Topics: 493
Solutions: 9,418

You’ll need to transfer to a business tariff to get a boost box but it would fix your issues.
There is also the O2 Ask app you could try. It’s a bit limited in functionality but may help?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum. When you take things for granted, the things you are granted, are taken away.

Level 60: Scholar

@Scorrieholm Is the problem just with O2? Have you tried Pay & Go sims from the other networks? 

If no mobile phone network can give you service, and you need phone contact, you should consider getting a land line.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Level 1: Joiner

Thanks. I'll transfer to a business contract as I'm self employed. And then see if I can sort a "boost box" great advice....Thank you
O2 never mentioned that this maybe available? Is a definate move in the right direction. Thanks again
Topics: 619

@ScorrieholmIf you are on a business contract then a boost box will help you tremendously.

Remember to barter for the price they offer. They have ranged from £150, £75, or given for free when we lost TuGo some months back. People relied a lot on Tu for making calls over WiFi when their signal was poor.

All the best.

*The Game Is On*

Level 35: Originator

When negotiating, make sure to mention that this has been an issue for a while. Stay calm and polite as well as this means the person you are talking to is likely to be more willing to help.
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Topics: 619

Hi @Scorrieholm I will just point you to this thread posted this morning when someone 'bartered' for a boost box https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/I-Hope-The-BoostBox-Improves-My-Signal/m-p...

*The Game Is On*