cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just received my second bill from O2 and I think I've been overcharged but I was hoping someone could confirm before I call customer service in case I'm going mad!  The bill is as follows:

Tariff = £20.00

Minutes = £0.50

Messages = £0.67

Total before VAT = £21.17

VAT = £4.24

Balance brought forward = -£1.04

Total = £24.37

I was under the impression that VAT was already included in the tariff charge and therefore I should only be paying VAT on the minutes and messages, i.e. £0.23, meaning a total bill of £21.40.

I did change my tarrif but there is nothing on the bill to indicate that the charges are due to that.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a technical problem apparently! 

The agent started off by explaining to me that I have to pay VAT (as if I didn't know) but eventually agreed that VAT is included in the tariff and therefore I had been overcharged.  I'm getting a £5 tariff on my next bill...

I'll be keeping my beady eye on O2 from now on - I always do but I'll be double double checking!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are on a standard consumer tariff, VAT should be as advertised when you signed up.

Message 2 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
What tariff are you on?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I should have said I'm on O2 Simplicity Unlimited 12 month contract with 2G of data.

Message 4 of 28

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As that tariff is advertised at £20 per month I would say you were correct in your assumptions and if there are no other costs implied on your bill it would appear to be incorrect.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MI5 

It's good to have a second opinion!

Message 6 of 28

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Let us know what excuse CS come up with for it please wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

The agent started off by explaining to me that I have to pay VAT (as if I didn't know) but eventually agreed that VAT is included in the tariff and therefore I had been overcharged.  I'm getting a £5 tariff on my next bill...

I'll be keeping my beady eye on O2 from now on - I always do but I'll be double double checking!

Message 8 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well done @Anonymous  A technical problem indeed...LOL

That's a new one.....didnt work though wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 28

jonsie
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 10 of 28