cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just received my second bill from O2 and I think I've been overcharged but I was hoping someone could confirm before I call customer service in case I'm going mad!  The bill is as follows:

Tariff = £20.00

Minutes = £0.50

Messages = £0.67

Total before VAT = £21.17

VAT = £4.24

Balance brought forward = -£1.04

Total = £24.37

I was under the impression that VAT was already included in the tariff charge and therefore I should only be paying VAT on the minutes and messages, i.e. £0.23, meaning a total bill of £21.40.

I did change my tarrif but there is nothing on the bill to indicate that the charges are due to that.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 do the right thing @viridis? Now there's an amusing concept
Message 21 of 28

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Look, it failed, it went over too many heads and now I've gotta explain the joke
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Suspect-vat-refund-email/m-p/842572/highlight/tr...

Vat refund scam
Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
It didn't fail @viridis. I knew instantly what you meant lol
Message 23 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Look, it failed, it went over too many heads and now I've gotta explain the joke
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Suspect-vat-refund-email/m-p/842572/highlight/tr...

Vat refund scam

Well i didn't. Wonder Boy is going to have to learn to be less cryptic...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've just received my second bill from O2 and I think I've been overcharged but I was hoping someone could confirm before I call customer service in case I'm going mad!  The bill is as follows:

Tariff = £20.00

Minutes = £0.50

Messages = £0.67

Total before VAT = £21.17

VAT = £4.24

Balance brought forward = -£1.04

Total = £24.37

I was under the impression that VAT was already included in the tariff charge and therefore I should only be paying VAT on the minutes and messages, i.e. £0.23, meaning a total bill of £21.40.

I did change my tariff but there is nothing on the bill to indicate that the charges are due to that.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you post a print out of the details of that bill? I don't mean numbers or anything like that by the way , I'm not being nosey wink , It's when you select billing details and you have your tariff, for example, looking like something along the lines of "O2 unlimited" from 01/01/00 to 28/02/00 ....etc...  If that makes sense..?!

Message 25 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous , I would post a print out but I'm not sure how to do it Smiley Embarassed

Would I need to do the screenshot from the app or from My O2 on my PC?

Sorry for being thick...

Message 26 of 28

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If you use windows look in your programmes for a "snipping tool".
You can use this to cut out part of your screen and save it as a picture to add to your posts on here.
There is also a freehand pen you can use to cover up any personal details.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 28

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

tariff.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 28