cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other O2 customers having issues with the new ONLINE payment system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a query,

Since O2 have moved over to their new online payment system I cannot pay my bills using my RBS visa debit card. The system works ok if I use my Visa or Mastercard credit cards but I don't want to use credit to pay my bills!!!

The old system would pop up the RBS password verification system that you entered characters from your password into. However, the new system briefly pops up this box but then flashes off before any characters have a chance to be entered. Then a message pops up stating that the transaction has failed and to contact my bank.....

I have subsequently found that my card is no longer accepted on the automated system (202) and that the customer services reps cannot get it through the system.

To clarify, it is ONLY O2 where I am having issues using this card, everywhere else, wether it be online or in a shop, has no issues whatsoever...

So has anyone else had these or similar issues and have O2 managed to resolve them for you?

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have to ask the question and again with respect, why is it taking so long to put a payment system in place that hasn't worked for over a month now? It's really getting serious for people now. You can't pay your account, you can't order online and you can't get back money owed. Constantly having to call an overworked, understaffed customer service should be a rarity not a necessity. 

Message 71 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Toby,

I have NO issue with your ability to pass this information on to the relevant people (thank you for all you are trying to do BTW!) but the wider issue is that this is STILL a problem so far down the line. Just reading through the posts on this thread alone should be raising alarm bells in the I.T. support department. The fact that there appears to have been no improvement smacks at unbelievable arrogance on the part of O2 towards their customers. This issue has the ability to deeply affect peoples credit history/score detrimentally through no fault of their own! But there appears to be no acknowledgement from O2 about the issue or any apology to those that have been affected thus far!!

Message 72 of 76

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I have posted an update previously that described O2's acknowledgement of the issues and that it is being worked on. I shall indeed be seeking more info, as I do completely understand the frustration and consequences around this. I am doing all I can to relay these experiences back and when I do hear of any news about the wider issues many are reporting, I shall of course share that with you. The community team has always been as forthcoming as it can be during issues and we will always try to improve.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 73 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

How is this still not sorted? I had to pay (1st top up) by voucher.... really annoying after trying online payment and via mobile. Was told by CS first payment should be by voucher, though nowhere does it state this. Go to pay today online... same thing. Then via mobile... same thing. So how and when will I be able to top up with my bank card as I used to? If I have to get a voucher or leave the house every time I need to top up, I'll have to change provider. Does anyone actually know what's happening with this yet?

Message 74 of 76

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We've always said on here that first top up needs to be done by voucher (but usually denied by o2) however, after that, you should be able to use your card for top ups.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 75 of 76

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Maybe inconvenient but dependent on which bank you can top up through the banking app or at the ATM. I can top up using Halifax, Lloyds and RBS. Dead easy and you don't risk giving O2 your card details.

Message 76 of 76