cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other O2 customers having issues with the new ONLINE payment system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a query,

Since O2 have moved over to their new online payment system I cannot pay my bills using my RBS visa debit card. The system works ok if I use my Visa or Mastercard credit cards but I don't want to use credit to pay my bills!!!

The old system would pop up the RBS password verification system that you entered characters from your password into. However, the new system briefly pops up this box but then flashes off before any characters have a chance to be entered. Then a message pops up stating that the transaction has failed and to contact my bank.....

I have subsequently found that my card is no longer accepted on the automated system (202) and that the customer services reps cannot get it through the system.

To clarify, it is ONLY O2 where I am having issues using this card, everywhere else, wether it be online or in a shop, has no issues whatsoever...

So has anyone else had these or similar issues and have O2 managed to resolve them for you?

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm I thought it might be the postcode checker a per here :

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Postcode-checker-manual-override-required/td-p/938...

However, it may be that their system is just completely pants.

Message 61 of 76

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Looks like it is just pants.
I tried to buy something earlier and gave up - shop pages wouldn't accept a payment either!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 62 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122845 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Looks like it is just pants.
I tried to buy something earlier and gave up - shop pages wouldn't accept a payment either!

I tried that after it was mentioned. All went smoothly popping it in the basket....and then refused payment....then up popped live chat asking if they could help. I closed down the site...Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 76

jonsie
  • 93190 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I too tried making a payment through the shop. After numerous failed error attempts I then got the message stating no longer available. O2's system REALLY IS pants! 

Message 64 of 76

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of the ongoing feedback and posts here. The team has been sent everything and are investigating the system thoroughly and making improvements where needed. Once I have any other info to provide, I shall certainly do so. Those who have reported issues and provided feedback have been immensely helpful!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 65 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

And the saga continues......

After the debacle of the last two months in trying to pay my bills online\phone automated service\customer service representatives. I finally have had enough of the lack of help to resolve what is clearly an issue with their payments system and have taken two of my five phones (both out of contract) away to another service provider. Now here is the rub.....

Final bill for phone number 1 is -£7.64 O2 owes me money....

Final bill for phone number 2 is +£0.37 I owe O2 money.....

So on Monday I ring up to pay O2 what I owe them (0.37p) the customer services advisor took the details for my Visa debit card and...........It was declined...... Nothing wrong with the card, sufficient funds in the bank to cover the 37 pence owed...... So I had to use a credit card to make the payment.....WHY????? STILL?????

I also completed the online refund form for the £7.64 O2 owe me. The day after I get an e-mail from the customer services team...

"We have been issued with a request to refund to you the sum of £7.64 ,
in order for us to process this refund we need from you, your card
number and expiry date that was used to make the last payment.

Please contact us at your earliest convenience on 0844 847 0202 or 202
from handset.

Regards,
Refunds Team."

So far I have rung 202 on three seperate occasions, gone through the automated system and finally waited to speak to someone (final option 5) and been hung up on each time.....

I find it unfathomable, that a company of O2's size, in this day and age CANNOT or WILL NOT sort out its payments system when they are made aware that there is an issue with it... This is not a new issue it has now been ongoing for at least 2 months that I am aware of. I have set up 3x direct debits for my other phones after actually getting through to a helpful C/S representative, but at this present moment in time they will all be going elsewhere when my contracts run out.....

Message 66 of 76

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Send me a PM about this latest payment and I'll ask the rest of the team to look into it.

Get involved:

Message 67 of 76

jonsie
  • 93190 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

With the greatest respect, why the hell should you have to get them to look into it when they are well aware there is a major problem. I can see defaults appearing on everyone's file who doesn't pay by direct debit.

Message 68 of 76

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @jonsie,

I have to highlight individual issues to get them fixed. Wider issues being worked on will not necessarily pick-up every kind of individual issue. I am simply providing @Anonymous with as much help as I can. I've been letting the team of every single payment issue instance where and they are doing their best to get any issues sorted.

Get involved:

Message 69 of 76

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Lots of individual issues, but all point like a laser at one thing....
The card processing system is not fit for purpose.
Message 70 of 76