cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airtime bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I’m half way through my O2 contract. I have been paying monthly, £23 for the device and an airtime bill of £18.46 a total of £41.46. I am wondering whether I am able to reduce the price of my airtime bil or whether that will be fixed until the end of my contract. (December 2018)
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144853 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
The only way to reduce your monthly spend is by paying for the device completely.
You can then change to a lower airtime tariff.
How refresh works here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36382 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

I believe the Device Plan cost per month (but not the duration)  can be reduced, by arranging a one-time overpayment with O2 CS (call 202), however the airtime remains static and can be changed upwards only by upgrading your tariff. 

Alternatively, you could pay off your Device Plan completely (your MyO2 will tell you what this will cost), then either:

1. Switch down to a lower cost tariff, or

2. Give 30 days notice to cancel your Airtime plan, and then switch to a PAYG SIM starting at £10 for a 2G, 250mins, 1000txts deal (or more if you want to pay £15 a month). 

Screenshot_20171229-143427.jpg

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144853 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27774 Solutions
The only way to reduce your monthly spend is by paying for the device completely.
You can then change to a lower airtime tariff.
How refresh works here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can make an extra payment via your myo2 but that is only the monthly device plan cost. If you want to pay more than that then you have to call
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You would have to pay a lump sum but you need to work out whether the savings on a lower tariff would be worth it long term.

Message 5 of 6

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

welcome to the community and Happy New Year!

Please let us know if that’s what you needed and if there's something else we can do to help out. Wave

Thanks @Anonymous, @pgn@MI5 and @jonsie for the amazing help!

You are Fantastic

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 6