Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Charges Abroad

Caro977
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve been in Canada and the USA for 10 days and have racked up additional charges of £12.48 despite having Data Roaming switched off the whole time. I haven’t made or received any calls or sent any texts except when on a domestic WiFi. I did make a Skype call but this was on WiFi too. Can anyone help me understand what’s going on please? I have 10 more days here and am worried costs I can’t control.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

The charges equate to 3 days of O2 travel, so you have used data or made/received calls or sent texts over the network on 3 different days.
If you haven't used any of the network services you should request that the charges are refunded and turn phone to airplane mode (you can still turn wifi back on) to restrict network use whilst you are away.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What does your MyO2 say the costs are for ?
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
Customer services can explain for you if you can't see anything obvious.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

The charges equate to 3 days of O2 travel, so you have used data or made/received calls or sent texts over the network on 3 different days.
If you haven't used any of the network services you should request that the charges are refunded and turn phone to airplane mode (you can still turn wifi back on) to restrict network use whilst you are away.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Caro977, and welcome to the Community slight_smile

I hope the information above helped you understand better what happened while abroad; please let us know if you've found out more since you last posted, or need any further help!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5