Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Belfast

Nisky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Getting a 4G signal in Belfast  (BT4) Stormont area. Hope it's not just for the Giro D'Italia to fool the visiting media.

Message 1 of 84
83 REPLIES 83

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you got 4G enabled in Network settings?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

On your S4 go to:
Settings
More Networks
Mobile Networks
Network Mode

And ensure LTE/WCDMA/GSM has the green dot in it.
Message 42 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous I don't have those settings on my S4. What I have is 4G/3G/2G auto select and this selected.

Gerry
Message 43 of 84

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous I don't have those settings on my S4. What I have is 4G/3G/2G auto select and this selected.

Gerry

That's what you need, so as long as you are on a 4G tariff you should get 4G when in range.

Check in My O2 to make sure it's been enabled.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 44 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @MI5 and @Anonymous 

Yes 4G Free Access is shown in my account as Active.  Could it be anything to do with the APN settings? If so, how would I check they are correct and how would I get the proper settings if they are not? 

Gerry

(In danger of getting lost in a maze of technicalities)  

Message 45 of 84

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, the apn's don't change for 4G (if you can receive 3G you can receive 4G)....
Last check to make is your sim card. Does it start with 4ggp or other similar 4g nomenclature?

Currently using:
Message 46 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes SIM has 4GGP2 written on it.  Thanks @MI5, most grateful for your help.

Gerry

Message 47 of 84

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, so we got 4g sim, 4g tariff, 4g turned on in phone settings which can only mean no 4g at your postcode ??
Enter your postcode here and select data and see if it is enabled for you http://status.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 48 of 84

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Correction - when I said SIM card has 4GGP2 written on it I was speaking of the actual card.  However when I use the SIM Card App that give all the information , serial nimber of the sim etc  I do not see any mention of 4G anywhere in all that data.  Perhaps I should call in the local O2 shop and have them check it out.

Gerry

Message 49 of 84

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If that's what it says on the card that's what it will be....
Checking in a shop won't hurt though as they can confirm everything is OK and set up correctly - They will also confirm if you should be able to receive 4g too.

Currently using:
Message 50 of 84