Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 41: Prodigal

Re: 4G Coverage becoming real slow

Keep reporting it using the my network app.
The next step is to put in an official complaint (links on the contact us page at the bottom of this forum). Try using resolver as that tends to get decent results, plus keeps everything in one place.
Finally if that goes no-where you request a letter of deadlock to go to the ombudsman. This is the last resort though as the only place to go from there is another network...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,415

It's always worth calling them. If you get no sense out of customer service then make a complaint via the Resolver website

Level 1: Joiner

Cheers guys, I will ring them up and try and push a resolve and take it from there, tbh i'm literally getting next to no speed (youtube wont load videos etc) so i'm not just being fussy, the service around here is hanging on by a thread.

Many thanks.
Topics: 292
Kudos: 1,844
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

I would say that maybe Wrexham park hospital are allowing people to use their mobiles now and congestion is showing 

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

I did a few tests this afternoon, logged a couple of cases using the My Network app from my place of work... not as bad as yours, @Chris_S, but definitely a degradation over the day (timestamp at top of screenshot, both on 21-May-2018):

Screenshot_20180521-102350.jpgScreenshot_20180521-154241.jpg

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.
Level 1: Joiner

Sorry if this has bumped the thread back up, however this was the most recent thread that I have come across regarding this problem.

Now the issue I am having is the same and to be honest it has been going for a while. A fault on my part was that I wasn't persistent in continuing the complaint though.

So I have a OnePlus 5t and I've just switched to a 20GB Sim Only tariff. Phone and plan is capable of streaming videos on Youtube however when trying to do this on the go using my data the video is unwatchable. It continues to freeze every few seconds. On previously reporting this an advisor suggested a new sim but that didn't work. Then I was tod to use the Youtube website as opposed to the app, but I don't get the option to adjust the quality and the video playback is similar.

I have read on previous older threads that O2 throttle the network and compress which doesn't allow streaming to be clear.

There is nothing wrong with my network as everywhere I have tried to stream I am getting 4G/4G+ for my signal and my download/upload speeds are fine too.

Any help would be awesome

Topics: 531
Solutions: 11,205

I don't know if it still works but using "bypass" as the APN username used to bypass the compression.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)