Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Coverage becoming real slow

Chris_S
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I was not sure where to post this so sorry if it is in the wrong section but for a while now the O2 4G internet is getting slower at my work to the point of it being super slow/unusable, it was not always this way so can someone please inform them that the area might be faulty or need looking into as im not sure who to contact about this?

I am on contract with 20GB data which I never even get half way through and my phone is a Oneplus 5 128GB 8GB and has had no issues with 4G elsewhere and normally has real good speeds at home on LTE or Wi-Fi so the issue is the area where I work, coverage seems good and status is fine but here is some pictures of the speed tests I have taken at work over a period of a month to show it degrading:

Screenshot_20180518-222254.jpg

Screenshot_20180518-222317.jpg

Screenshot_20180518-222324.jpg

The area effected is Stoke Green, Slough, SL2 4HR 

https://goo.gl/maps/ZvUQ6XVtsyF2

Many thanks

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Keep reporting it using the my network app.
The next step is to put in an official complaint (links on the contact us page at the bottom of this forum). Try using resolver as that tends to get decent results, plus keeps everything in one place.
Finally if that goes no-where you request a letter of deadlock to go to the ombudsman. This is the last resort though as the only place to go from there is another network...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's always worth calling them. If you get no sense out of customer service then make a complaint via the Resolver website

Message 12 of 18

Chris_S
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cheers guys, I will ring them up and try and push a resolve and take it from there, tbh i'm literally getting next to no speed (youtube wont load videos etc) so i'm not just being fussy, the service around here is hanging on by a thread.

Many thanks.
Message 13 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I would say that maybe Wrexham park hospital are allowing people to use their mobiles now and congestion is showing 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 18

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

I did a few tests this afternoon, logged a couple of cases using the My Network app from my place of work... not as bad as yours, @Chris_S, but definitely a degradation over the day (timestamp at top of screenshot, both on 21-May-2018):

Screenshot_20180521-102350.jpgScreenshot_20180521-154241.jpg

Message 15 of 18

Smitz
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry if this has bumped the thread back up, however this was the most recent thread that I have come across regarding this problem.

Now the issue I am having is the same and to be honest it has been going for a while. A fault on my part was that I wasn't persistent in continuing the complaint though.

So I have a OnePlus 5t and I've just switched to a 20GB Sim Only tariff. Phone and plan is capable of streaming videos on Youtube however when trying to do this on the go using my data the video is unwatchable. It continues to freeze every few seconds. On previously reporting this an advisor suggested a new sim but that didn't work. Then I was tod to use the Youtube website as opposed to the app, but I don't get the option to adjust the quality and the video playback is similar.

I have read on previous older threads that O2 throttle the network and compress which doesn't allow streaming to be clear.

There is nothing wrong with my network as everywhere I have tried to stream I am getting 4G/4G+ for my signal and my download/upload speeds are fine too.

Any help would be awesome

Message 16 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I don't know if it still works but using "bypass" as the APN username used to bypass the compression.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 18

Darth151
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We have the same issues in Co Durham. 3X slower than Vodafone. 

Message 18 of 18