cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

07624 numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi can anyone tell me what the 07624800500 number is? I have been charged for over 90 texts to this number even though i have unlimited texts and there is no record of this number anywhere on my Samsung phone proving that I have never contacted or been contacted this number?  O2 dont seem to have any answers at all.  Thanks in advance  John

Message 1 of 34
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147194 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

This is a text sent via a customer of www.textmagic.com, which is a PC/email to Text Message service. If you reply to it, the customer of Text Magic will be sent your reply via an email to their computer.  It is a cheap and easy way of sending text messages. I find it useful because I send texts in the UK and overseas, and you can see whether or not they have been delivered.  Useful for important text messages.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/07624800500

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
  • 147194 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

This is a text sent via a customer of www.textmagic.com, which is a PC/email to Text Message service. If you reply to it, the customer of Text Magic will be sent your reply via an email to their computer.  It is a cheap and easy way of sending text messages. I find it useful because I send texts in the UK and overseas, and you can see whether or not they have been delivered.  Useful for important text messages.

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/07624800500

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 124329 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Thanks for posting that info Rich....but how come the OP has been charged for the texts?

As far as they are aware they haven't accessed this number at all?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 34

MI5
  • 147194 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
I assume the OP signed up for the service and provided their mobile number ?
Message 4 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 124329 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I assume the OP signed up for the service and provided their mobile number ?

It certainly looks that way....though @Anonymous is adamant that they have no knowledge of the number at all...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 34

MI5
  • 147194 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Maybe wait and see what the OP comes back with.
They may not have realised when they signed up for the service and the number may well not be known to them at all.
Message 6 of 34

jonsie
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Or they signed up and not realised the cost or the number they go through?

Message 7 of 34

MI5
  • 147194 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say slight_smile
Message 8 of 34

jonsie
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Or... They are replying to texts they received from the number and was charged for it. Perhaps because it's a non uk mobile number and rather one if those "personal" numbers that "roam"
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 10 of 34