cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 refresh - confused?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an o2 contract that was due to run out in february, but wanted to upgrade. My understanding of o2 refresh was that I paid to buy out of the old contract (around £35) and then it switched over to the new contract with the new phone. My old monthly bill was £28.32 and the one I selected for my upgrade is £27.50. I'm now confused by the whole airtime/device bill thing and I'm worried I'm paying for both airtime bills now.. Has my old one finished early and now I'm on the new one, or does the new airtime bill not start until the old one finishes? and if so, am i now paying for the device (£10) plus my old (£28.32) airtime plan?

Very confused!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147060 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28288 Solutions
If you did an upgrade your old contract has ended and you will start paying for the new one only, immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 147060 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28288 Solutions
If you did an upgrade your old contract has ended and you will start paying for the new one only, immediately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 124292 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Have a look at this. It will explain everything...http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You will be able to check within your my o2
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you! I get the whole splitting the bill thing, I was just confused about whether I'd still be paying the airtime half of my old bill on top of the new airtime and device bills. My old contract wasn't a refresh one though, so I guess what I paid paid for my whole remaining contract?

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 124292 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
thank you! I get the whole splitting the bill thing, I was just confused about whether I'd still be paying the airtime half of my old bill on top of the new airtime and device bills

No...as your old contract had ended (as you now know) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the replies everyone! I must sound like a total noob, the whole thing's just a tad confusing...

All cleared up now though!
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 147060 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28288 Solutions
No problem. Easy to get confused and always best to ask if not certain about anything.
Message 8 of 8