Did you mean: 

02 - Confused about adding an additional line with 02

Bmwboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I find 02's process really strange when trying to add an additional line. I currenly am on a 02 Refresh contract which i love!

My wife a few months ago wanted to upgrade her old iphone 5 to a new iphone. I tried to take an additonal line and it asked for a £500 deposit and i thought not at the time im not doing that. We waited a few more months and she at this point needed a new iphone. I thought ill pay the deposit as its cheaper than getting one from new. We today ordered an iphone 7 Plus, i paid the upfront cost of the phone £20 and got loads of terms and conditons via email which i signed. I have arranged collection for tomorrow in an 02 Store so i assume this has all gone through, or does it still credit check. Surely you would not take money from a customer before credit checking. This time it did not ask me to pay a large deposit?

What annoys me even more is i have good credit, just 02 system makes me confused.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You’ll know for sure when your phone arrives slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Bmwboy wrote:
Many thanks all, the way I see it if they take money and sign contracts you most likely have been accepted.

@Bmwboy I don't want to rain on your parade, but they always take your money when you place an order. Doesn't mean the phone is in stock. If it isn't in stock and you get fed up waiting, they'll refund you, but in the meanwhile they're earning interest on your money.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 15

Bmwboy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m hoping they have an iPhone 7 in stock it’s not an 8 not only that I don’t mind waiting as long as I have been accepted, that’s what I was after I can wait for the phone if I’ve been accepted.

Can I choose another phone when there if not in stock ?
Message 14 of 15

MI5
  • 143405 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The phone will be sent by O2 to the store for you to collect. It's not a case of choosing from store stock.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 15