cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Early Upgrade programme not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
So last year I opted for a tariff that would allow me to upgrade after just 12 months and pay off the remainder of my contract if I trade in my device.
After waiting for the days to count down, i tried it yesterday but it keeps adding the remainder of my device plan as a cost to the basket and only has an option to trade in the device for cash, cheque or credit (for less than what's left oweing on the device plan). What am I doing wrong here?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I think it has to be done in store http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/promotions/30gb-data-tariff-12-month-upgrade-offer-te... popint 4 states

To take advantage of the 12 Month Upgrade Offer Customers must (a) have purchased their Existing Phone on O2 Refresh together with a 30GB 24 Month Airtime following 21st February 2016(b) have not more than 12 months remaining on their o2 Refresh Minimum Term and (c) trade in their Existing Phone through O2 Recycle and (d) upgrade their handset to another mobile handset on an O2 Refresh Contract through O2 Stores.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I think it has to be done in store http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/archive/promotions/30gb-data-tariff-12-month-upgrade-offer-te... popint 4 states

To take advantage of the 12 Month Upgrade Offer Customers must (a) have purchased their Existing Phone on O2 Refresh together with a 30GB 24 Month Airtime following 21st February 2016(b) have not more than 12 months remaining on their o2 Refresh Minimum Term and (c) trade in their Existing Phone through O2 Recycle and (d) upgrade their handset to another mobile handset on an O2 Refresh Contract through O2 Stores.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10268 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions
Yes, this has to be done in store no option exists to do it via telesales or online as you surrender the handset at time of upgrade.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144916 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions
Bear in mind that if the recycle price is higher than your trade in value you get the difference too if you choose to recycle.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see - I suppose that makes sense... Bit frustrating that the website has a button saying "Take this offer and upgrade" and brings you to the upgrade screen instead of just telling you to visit a store...
Message 5 of 5