Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to get started

cosmos1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just received a new sim and was going to try 02 after years with another provider. I have spent three hours trying to get started but been pushed from pillar to post by online chat, customer services and left high and dry and no service. Is this usual when looking for new customers? I am staggered about the cavalier attitude...

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @cosmos1, welcome to our community! Sorry to hear about the frustrations you've experienced with trying to get your account topped up. 😞

We forward member feedback from this forum over to O2 on a regular basis and will include you comments as well regarding the confusions. Please do let us know how you get on with this; hopefully all goes well from now on!

Thanks @MI5 and @Cleoriff for helping @cosmos1 out. slight_smile

Message 31 of 34

cosmos1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well thank you to all of you for your help. I did manage to get a top up  voucher for  £10 online but it also cost a further £1.49 in fees but desperate situations demand desperate measures. I returned to online chat after the top up to try to get the port in sorted but was told it was too late to effect today ....even though it had not been my fault that it had taken some 5 hours in total to get it sorted and I may say...entirely down to the members of this forum. WELL DONE and thank you.

I had escalated my complaint after the debacle with customer service trying to guide me through three payments online....but obviously they didn't know about the voucher being needed for initial top up.

So, progress today ...my complaint has been upheld and a nominal amount has been added to my account for the inconvenience. I was impressed at the professional and swift response from O2.

Now all I am waiting for is the port in and then I can give the entire O2 service a decent trial. I did reply to the complaints manager that some ongoing CPD for staff and mention in the literature and online is needed so that new customers are aware of this upfront and before they spend unnecessary hours in vain!

Thanks again to you all ....

Message 32 of 34

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

No problem @cosmos1. Pleased the top up was sorted and that you got a little compensation for being messed about ...

PS totally agree about the ongoing training for staff...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Great news and glad you got sorted out and compensated slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 34