Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to get started

cosmos1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just received a new sim and was going to try 02 after years with another provider. I have spent three hours trying to get started but been pushed from pillar to post by online chat, customer services and left high and dry and no service. Is this usual when looking for new customers? I am staggered about the cavalier attitude...

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

cosmos1
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
no need for apologies Cleoriff...I am close to tears with all th grief and just want a phone that works
Message 21 of 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

The credit will work immediately.

How to keep your number help here for you slight_smile
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@cosmos1wrote:
I am confused betwen your two kind replies...?

I didn't realise the https://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/o2  had already been mentioned. Once you have used that however, you will be able to register your card with o2 to use to top up via 4444

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 34

cosmos1
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thank you ...I will try that .

What do I then do with the PAC code to retain my old number...
Message 24 of 34

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
How to on the link above but basically you call customer services and give them your PAC code and they do the rest.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 34

cosmos1
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you ....given the time today then it could take several days to effect. So, do I just keep the O2 sim in , fill in the form amd hope for the best that it will happen fairly soon...apologies for the desperation
Message 26 of 34

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, it takes 2 days from request if done during the week, but it won't transfer over the weekend.
Keep the sim in the phone and it will lose service, then you turn phone off and back on (might have to do this a few times) until you get service back, at which point it will be working on your original number.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 34

cosmos1
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thank you for all of your help
Message 28 of 34

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Hope you get sorted out @cosmos1

Currently using:
Message 29 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Best of luck ...hope all goes well

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 34