Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to get started

cosmos1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just received a new sim and was going to try 02 after years with another provider. I have spent three hours trying to get started but been pushed from pillar to post by online chat, customer services and left high and dry and no service. Is this usual when looking for new customers? I am staggered about the cavalier attitude...

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122898 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@cosmos1We found out from experience of others complaining re the same thing, that the first top up of any PAYG phone has to be done by voucher., This why I highlighted it in red in the guidelines posted above.

It's just a pity O2 staff are so completely unaware of this (even now). Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 34

cosmos1
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I do not have paypal....is it possible to use a credot or debit card? Thank you for your kindness
Message 12 of 34

cosmos1
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
well they have lost a potential customer here
Message 13 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122898 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@cosmos1wrote:
I do not have paypal....is it possible to use a credot or debit card? Thank you for your kindness

Not until you have topped up first with a voucher. Then you can register your card to top up via that route

@Anonymous vouhers are available at local shops as well as O2 itself, so if someone could get one for you just once (as mentioned above) then you will be fine...@cosmos1

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 34

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@cosmos1wrote:

Yes, you can use either form of payment on that website I gave you.

https://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/o2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 34

cosmos1
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am confused betwen your two kind replies...?
Message 16 of 34

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Trust me, just look on the link and you'll see they accept card payments.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 34

Cleoriff
  • 122898 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Apologies. If you use the mobile top up link given by @MI5 above, it accepts paypal and other debit cards.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 34

cosmos1
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I will be more than happy to trust you.....if by any chance it works ...will I then get a service straight away and then what on earth do I do to get the PAC code sorted out....arrrgghhh!
Message 19 of 34

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Once you have your voucher, follow the instructions for voucher top up here https://www.o2.co.uk/topup

Currently using:
Message 20 of 34