Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay As You Go

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

lost SIM. want to connect new SIM to my nuner. how?

l lost my SIM, and want to connect new SIM to my nuner. how can I do this please? is it possible to do inline from within my o2.co.uk account?

Highlighted
Topics: 533
Solutions: 11,466

Re: lost SIM. want to connect new SIM to my nuner. how?

@dtail you must report the loss immediately and O2 will then send you a new sim with your number https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

thnaks for the info...but i hae lost m SIM card.notmy phone....and I bought a new o2 sim card today from a conveneincesotre....i thought i would be able to connect this new sim card to my existing mobile number via online, or via o2 customer service

thanks for the info...but i have lost my SIM card not my phone....and I bought a new o2 sim card today from a conveneince store....i thought i would be able to connect this new sim card to my existing mobile number via online o2.co.uk, or via o2 customer service

Topics: 533
Solutions: 11,466

[ Edited ]

The same process is for either lost phone or sim. You cannot just replace it yourself as you don't have your old sim..

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

I would strongly advice seeking professional help if unsure, convenience store not a great idea, good luck!
Anonymous

You cannot do that. Follow the guide above. The new SIM card you have bought will have a different number & to do what you want is a sim swap but you do not have your old sim so that option is not available to you.
Topics: 688

@Bo_Diddly

The op needs to report the loss of their SIM asap following the process shown above. The lost sim will then be blocked  by O2 to avoid someone else using it illegally.

Then O2 will send a new one via the post.  That's the process, and the only way it will work with any lost or stolen sim or device.

*The Game Is On*

I have my old SIm
Topics: 688

@Bo_Diddly wrote:
I have my old SIm

@Bo_Diddly

You might have yours. However we are responding to @dtail (the person who started the thread asking for advice)

*The Game Is On*