cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost SIM. want to connect new SIM to my nuner. how?

dtail
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

l lost my SIM, and want to connect new SIM to my nuner. how can I do this please? is it possible to do inline from within my o2.co.uk account?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@dtail you must report the loss immediately and O2 will then send you a new sim with your number https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@dtail you must report the loss immediately and O2 will then send you a new sim with your number https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

dtail
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thnaks for the info...but i hae lost m SIM card.notmy phone....and I bought a new o2 sim card today from a conveneincesotre....i thought i would be able to connect this new sim card to my existing mobile number via online, or via o2 customer service

Message 3 of 10

dtail
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the info...but i have lost my SIM card not my phone....and I bought a new o2 sim card today from a conveneince store....i thought i would be able to connect this new sim card to my existing mobile number via online o2.co.uk, or via o2 customer service

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

The same process is for either lost phone or sim. You cannot just replace it yourself as you don't have your old sim..

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Bo_Diddly
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I would strongly advice seeking professional help if unsure, convenience store not a great idea, good luck!
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You cannot do that. Follow the guide above. The new SIM card you have bought will have a different number & to do what you want is a sim swap but you do not have your old sim so that option is not available to you.
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bo_Diddly

The op needs to report the loss of their SIM asap following the process shown above. The lost sim will then be blocked  by O2 to avoid someone else using it illegally.

Then O2 will send a new one via the post.  That's the process, and the only way it will work with any lost or stolen sim or device.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

Bo_Diddly
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have my old SIm
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bo_Diddly wrote:
I have my old SIm

@Bo_Diddly

You might have yours. However we are responding to @dtail (the person who started the thread asking for advice)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10