Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i check im on PAYG and not a big bundle PAYG

robpeake28
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have just pruchased a sim from a shop, i want a simple PAYG sim where i can top up as and when i want and not a reocurring £10.00 charge.    Its not exactly clear what i have,  i topped up £10.00 but i do not want to to happen the following month.  Im using the sim card to open and close a gate so it i dont need a monthly top up.

Checked my account and it does show PAYG but under it shows

Your Tariff

£10 data Big Bundle

7GB of data, unlimited minutes and unlimited texts for £10 a month. Includes data rollover of up to 7GB a month.

I clicked under changed tarrif, and you have a rolling tariff option or a standard tariff option,  both seem to be that a monthly charge,    have i got that correct.  I cant seem to find a way to get hold of O2 to check

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

robpeake28
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

what network is the 1p run on

Message 11 of 14

robpeake28
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yeah O2 said they dont offer simpilicity now,  just big bundles.

Message 12 of 14

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38575 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1736 Solutions

@robpeake28 wrote:

what network is the 1p run on

1pMobile uses the EE network.

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149633 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@robpeake28 

If you don't top up an O2 PAYG sim at least once every 6 months, it will be deactivated.

Likewise with 1pMobile, there are minimum amounts that you have to top up regularly to continue receiving the network signal.

Look at giffgaff (runs on O2) which may well be the cheapest for you but will still require top ups to remain active.

No network will keep a sim active now without some level of funding.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 14