Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 5G data available on a PAYG SIM?

jr333
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is 5G data available on a PAYG SIM (Big Data Bundle, Rolling or Data only)?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148832 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

@jr333 

Not available from O2 on any PAYG tariff, but giffgaff run on O2 and they do offer it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

jr333
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion but giffgaff state that 5G is not available when EU roaming:
"Please note 5G services are subject to availability and is not currently available when roaming outside the UK"

https://www.giffgaff.com/terms#giffgaff-fair-usage-policy

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7793 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

5G roaming is not either available or guaranteed on other networks

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148832 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

@jr333 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion but giffgaff state that 5G is not available when EU roaming:
"Please note 5G services are subject to availability and is not currently available when roaming outside the UK"

https://www.giffgaff.com/terms#giffgaff-fair-usage-policy

You didn't ask about roaming, but no network guarantees that anyway.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5