Did you mean: 

Web Topups Failed Although Credit Card Transaction Succeeded

valuecall
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I just received an O2 Classic PAYG SIM, I tried to top it up using the web topup service, I tried £10 from one credit card the transaction seemed to go through OK but it then said there had been a problem on the web topup page, I thought it was a problem with the card transaction although there was no reason for it to fail,  so I tried another card and that also came back as transaction succeeded but still the O2 topup page said there had been a problem.

It looks like I am now £20 down and still no credit on my PAYG phone. I tried dialing 4445 and got the options to topup and nothing else, it helpfully (sarcasm alert) said to contact customer service dial 4445.

Looking for some help online I found that most of the pages that Google display for O2 seem to be broken on the O2 site.

So far I am regretting choosing O2 if I don't hear something back from O2 soon I will call my credit card companies and explain to them what has happened and get my money back. Then I will get some PAYG SIM cards from a decent company.

Unimpressed

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @valuecall 

If this is your first top up you need to use a voucher, which you can buy in most supermarkets and corner shops.

After that help here on future top-ups

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/ba-p/1156408

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @valuecall 

If this is your first top up you need to use a voucher, which you can buy in most supermarkets and corner shops.

After that help here on future top-ups

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/ba-p/1156408

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 4

valuecall
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is not very convenient, do you know where has my £20 worth of online topups gone to, will they come through later if I do a voucher topup or will they be cancelled.

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@valuecall 

Regarding your £20 top ups failing,  they won't have gone through. Check your bank to make sure.

As it's your first top up you will need to use a voucher as mentioned by @Glory1 

Also your cards need to be registered before they would work to top up (if you want to use this method in future). You can do that by following the prompts via 4444.

Just follow the guide shown above and you will be fine. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4