cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Google Play Charges to Bill (Correlation ID)

benw1986
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I unfortunately lost my iPhone 13 Pro on Saturday night. Although I remotely blocked and erased the data when I realised my phone was missing on Sunday morning, it completely slipped my mind to block the SIM until yesterday evening. I have since discovered £159.12 of Google Play charges have been applied to my account. O2 have said there is nothing that can be done and I will have to request a refund from Google. When accessing the Google page to request this, they are asking for a Correlation ID for each transaction which I don't have. It seems my SIM was removed from my iPhone then used with someone else's Google Play account. I read on a forum that Boku are used as the merchant for Google Play, but when logging in to their system, the transactions are not there. Can anyone help?!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10207 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@benw1986 

The only people that can provide the correlation ID Are Google themselves, and will only appear against the Google Play account used to make the purchases. 

I would contact Google Again, and see if they can do anything, I would also log with Action Fraud... https://www.actionfraud.police.uk 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10207 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@benw1986 

The only people that can provide the correlation ID Are Google themselves, and will only appear against the Google Play account used to make the purchases. 

I would contact Google Again, and see if they can do anything, I would also log with Action Fraud... https://www.actionfraud.police.uk 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27714 Solutions

@benw1986 

For the future and to prevent this, set a sim pin too.

Guide: How to set up a SIM pin on O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

CS-WM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has happened to me, was it rectified?

Message 4 of 4