Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up balance

ML_75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't have enough funds in my bank to be taken for my monthly rolling plan, but I have a balance of £11 in my top up balance. Could I use that to pay this month's rolling plan?? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149921 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28556 Solutions

@ML_75 

Rolling plans can only be renewed from the registered card, not the balance, sorry.

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 149921 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28556 Solutions

@ML_75 

Rolling plans can only be renewed from the registered card, not the balance, sorry.

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Chrissiealone
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's interesting because when I finally managed to persuade enough people on customer support that I am not currently on a pay monthly sim, I was told by one of the staff that she had now put me on a rolling plan and told me to top up on 4444.  Soon as I had topped up on 4444  I had a message sent through that I was now on a £10 loyalty rolling plan. Then a message came through 10 minutes later stating "We've taken £10 from your balance.

I'm pretty sure I was never at any time asked to set up my card to accept future payments. That's why I decided to put an extra £10 top up on, so that if necessary they can take another £10 from my balance.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 149921 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28556 Solutions

@Chrissiealone 

Recurring Card Payment Authorisation 

1. On your monthly renewal date, we will attempt to deduct payment from your registered payment card and if successful, the Rolling plan will automatically renew on your monthly renewal date and you will receive your new inclusive monthly allowances. If we cannot take payment from the card registered to your account, your Rolling plan will not renew. We will send you a notification by both text message and email using the email address you used to register on MyO2. Until you renew your Rolling plan by updating your registered payment card details with one that can successfully make payment, any calls, text messages, data or additional services you use will be deducted from any top-up credit balance you have at standard rates. To renew your Rolling plan, you will need to update your card details in order to reactivate it and receive the benefits associated with it. If you do not start a new Rolling plan allowance within 30 days of an unsuccessful payment, you will be reverted to our £10 Big Bundle Standard Plan until you choose to switch back to Rolling plan as an existing customer in accordance with clause 4. 

Pay As You Go Rolling Plan Tariff Details | Terms and Conditions | O2

Message 4 of 5

Chrissiealone
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's ok, after plowing through the app I accidentally came across what my Tariff is, you know, the page where it lets you easily change your payg Tariff.  It states quite clearly on there that I am on a Loyalty Rolling Plan, which is exactly the same as Rolling Plan except they take payments from my balance rather than from my card.

I've got to admit that's even easier than being on the other rolling plan, as it means all I have to do is to keep a spare £10 on my balance which they will use on the correct day, so I can top up in advance anytime I wish to.

Message 5 of 5