Did you mean: 

Top Up Pay as you Go

CharlieEllery
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning,

Currently travelling through Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand over the last couple of weeks.

Just got to Japan yesterday, and leave for Thailand on Wednesday.

No problem topping up on the iphone handset or on the Mac laptop through both Singapore and Hong Kong, but since I arrived in Japan yesterday the system just refuses to let me top up and it's really very annoying as I am here working and need to be contactable and to be able to make phone calls.

I checked with the bank, no issues with them, they can see the attempts I am making to top up and it's not their security, so they tell me. They said get in touch with O2, but as a result of the time difference, there is never anyone avaialble on the chat service to sort this out.

Anyone have any advice please?

many thanks

Charlie

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

It's just us customers here @CharlieEllery Unfortunately, you've got another three hours and a bit before you can contact customer service in the UK. 8-8.30 am UK time is the best time to try to speak to anyone or to chat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

CharlieEllery
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Bambino, will try them in a few hours.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@CharlieEllery have a look at the top up help in case there is another method available to you https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/ba-p/1156408

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Its virtually impossible to get a secure connection on a Japanese network. This is why you would also have problems using online banking. My best advice would be to ask a family member back in the UK to top up for you, anyone can do it for you online. Either that or you need to wait until you get to Thailand where you won't have a problem topping up.

Message 5 of 5