Did you mean: 

Sim Swap Nightmare

PaulP
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry for long post.

I’ve been trying to get my phone number (xxxxxxxx) transfered to a new sim for 6 days.

It’s still not resolved.

It goes as follows:

28/2.  O2 shop Thanet, I got  a replacement sim for a sim swap, old sim is turned off within an hour, new sim NOT activated. Wait 24hours

29/2.  O2 shop Thanet, Guru checks the sim in one of their phones, doesn’t work, so they give a SECOND sim to try again. Wait 24hours

1/3.   Sim not activated.  In the meantime after a web chat, your guy posts me a new payg sim, says he can fix it.

2/3. O2 shop Thanet, Morning: Guru checks the new sim, doesn’t work, they give me a THIRD sim to try, this time in a different phone as well. Wait 24hours

3/3. O2 shop Thanet, Still not working. Had a long chat with complaints dept, she said it will be working in a few hours.

3/3 Afternoon: still not working, call again, a man assures me, he guarantees it will be working by the evening. It doesn’t work.

4/3 Morning: Call again explain everything again, says he’ll send a new sim, guarantees it will work.

5/5 FOURTH sim arrives, doesn’t work, call again, explain again, she says she’ll fix it, I tell her it won’t work, there’s a problem somewhere.

She says she’ll transfer my number to the payg sim I got, then swap it to the FOURTH sim. I don’t believe her. She insists I wait 24hours again.

She transfers the new payg sim number to the fourth sim, but NOT the correct number, totally pointless.

6/6

There is not a problem with my phones, I have tried using 2 different iphones and 2 different samsungs, that all work fine with other O2 sims.

The “Guru” at the O2 shop couldn’t understand why it was not working, said it’s never happened before.

I’m going mad, I need this number to be active as it’s linked to many important accounts.

Any help would be appreciated

Paul

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great news @PaulP! Thanks for letting us know. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 11