Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering for Classic PAYG

dalesman41
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am helping a friend set up a new mobile and have been trying to order a classic payg sim for it as she would only be a light user and not require monthly top-ups.

Despite sending THREE requests and receiving emails from o2 indicating the sim has been posted, no sim card has arrived ( and yes, I am absolutely certain the correct address etc was provided!).

I could use another network, but as an o2 user myself I know that the coverage in this area is very good.

In desperation, I have now obtained an o2 sim card from Argos, but it appears to be for Big Bundle PAYG, rather than Classic.

As the number is on the packaging, is there any way I could get this converted to Classic PAYG before the first Top Up? If this is not possible and I register it as it is, after the first £10 if only a few calls had been made would the remaining credit just be carried on automatically or would another monthly payment be neccessary?

Sorry, I know this question will have been asked many times before, but I would appreciate any help regarding this.

If I can't sort it, I'll just have to use Asda Mobile ( and probably change my own account to that too!)

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@dalesman41  

Yes, it can be changed.

Just activate the sim the either call or ask live chat to change it to the classic payg tariff. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@dalesman41  

Yes, it can be changed.

Just activate the sim the either call or ask live chat to change it to the classic payg tariff. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Other ways to change, but these won't take effect until the anniversary date.

If you're an existing Pay As You Go customer, you can switch to Classic Pay As You Go in one of the following ways:

• text CLASSIC free to 21300
  • call 2202 free from your mobile
  • visit My O2.

You’ll be switched over on your next renewal date.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
@dalesman41
My family member called customer services weekday at 08.30 got sim couple days in post set up easy classic paygo tariff is very good indeed perfect for low user. Good luck

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 4