Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with moving number

Milena
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi i have moved my number recently, supposed to be up and running by 14/08 6pm. I can receive calls and texts but cannot make them. There is just no signal on my phone, just like there is no sim card. I've been texting with 3 people on chat but I could not get any help. First person asked me to top up, second person to switch my phone of, take card out and switch it on, third person said engineers are "doing their thing". Please could someone help me? I'm stuck without mobile. And no one seems to know what the problem is. Thanks
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Milena It sounds like a split port and you need to ask customer serviice to request the porting files again. Try to borrow a phone rather than use the unreliable live chat.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Any assistance here @Marjo   @EmilieT   @Martin-O2 ?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Milena It sounds like a split port and you need to ask customer serviice to request the porting files again. Try to borrow a phone rather than use the unreliable live chat.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Any assistance here @Marjo   @EmilieT   @Martin-O2 ?

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Milena  We are all customers here, so there's very little we can do. You can call customer service from any phone for free or use Skype to call on 0800 032 1402. Better to talk to someone than use Live Chat. 

What do you mean when you say there is no sim card? Did you move your number from another network, or from O2 Pay Monthly to Pay & Go?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Milena, and welcome to the community Wave

How are you getting on with this now? If you still need some help, please give us a shout and we can get someone on our end to look into what's going on for you slight_smile

Thanks for the mention @jonsie, and the help as well @Bambino thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4