Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone blacklisted !

Legfan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, bought mum in law a good as new/perfect Huawei Y6 2018 from o2 shop on Dec 21st, came unlocked so popped in a plusnet sim and it worked fine until 4th Jan when phone stopped making/receiving calls. Took phone into o2 shop as i assumed there was a fault with phone, shop sent off for repair, repair centre said it was a software fault and it had been updated but same fault existed so back to sho who sent off for repair again, this time repair centre said it was a hardware fault not covered by warranty ! I phoned repair centre who then informed me that phone was actually blacklisted ! I phoned customer services on Friday who were full of apologies and said bar would be lifted by the time i got phone back. Phone arrived yesterday, popped sim in and guess what ? Yip still not making/ receiving calls, back on to customer services who assured me bar would be lifted within 24 hrs (noon today) guess what ? Yip still barred, done an online imei check, phone was blacklisted by o2 on 4th Jan. Why was a payg phone which had been bought for cash blacklisted? Why are cant customer service lift bar or explain to me why phone was blacklisted? Can anyone here help befire i go into store in a very bad mood!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@EmilieT what's going on here ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Legfan

The gurus are looking into this still, and I've shared all the information I got with you. If you'd like I can arrange a callback for them to walk you through what going on?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 16

Legfan
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I would be good if someone from O2 could give me an explanation as to why my handset was blacklisted in the first place ! What are the gurus going to talk me through ? All i want is the bar lifted, it cant be that difficult or take this long ! I have already been told twice that the bar would be lifted within 24 hours and its still active ! Dors anyone actually know what they are doing ?
Message 13 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Legfan I understand it's very frustrating and I'm afraid I only know as much as I've shared with you previously. As I mentioned I'm happy to arrange a callback with the gurus so you can talk through these questions, we can discuss it further via Private Message. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 14 of 16

Legfan
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Emilie im not having a go at you personally and i appreciate your help but O2's customer service leaves a lot to be desired ! This phone was bought as an xmas present and has been blacklisted from 4th Jan and i am still dont know why phone was blacklisted and when or if its going to be fixed. No point in going down the private message route, things are better on the forum where people can see and judge O2 customer service for themselves.
Message 15 of 16

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Legfan

No problem at all, I understand it's been a long wait and you've not been told much. If I get any further information or update I'll let you know, and in the meantime I'll also pass on your feedback around the experience overall and how it's been handled by Customer Service. 

signature

Message 16 of 16