Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old SIM card too big for my new Samsung mobile

St-Paddy_55001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just bought a new Samsung and went to swap the SIM card over from my Apple I4-S only to find it is too big to fit into the holder. I saw the link to "Swap SIM card" and thought oh yes, that sounds easy but at the end although I have completed the request to swap the SIM card, I realised I have not been asked what I am swapping it for!! Is this taken for granted that that is what I need?

I got another txt message telling me to call 202 but when I all this number the line is dead.

My new phone needs a NANO-SIM and will I get to retain the same number?

Does anyone know how I can talk to a human being on O2 as well coz these virtual assistants suck 😞

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93935 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93935 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23950 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@St-Paddy_55001 Your sim should have perforations to enable you to pop the nano sim out of the larger size card. See below:

Bambino_0-1690837427999.jpeg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

St-Paddy_55001
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the replies Bambino and Jonsie, I have sorted this now. I went into a local O2 store and the assistant had the SIM card swapped over in a few minutes, all very easy really. My existing SIM was solid and had no perforations, I think it is/was a mid range size.

Jonsie,

I could not use 202 as I am a pay-as-you-go user (I learned this while I was in the shop). I might be posting a few more questions along the way but I'll keep the issues separate to avoid confusion.

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7828 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

@St-Paddy_55001 wrote:

Thanks for the replies Bambino and Jonsie, I have sorted this now. I went into a local O2 store and the assistant had the SIM card swapped over in a few minutes, all very easy really. My existing SIM was solid and had no perforations, I think it is/was a mid range size.

Jonsie,

I could not use 202 as I am a pay-as-you-go user (I learned this while I was in the shop). I might be posting a few more questions along the way but I'll keep the issues separate to avoid confusion.

4445 for PAYG 

Glad it's sorted

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5