cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone (Pay and go sim card swapped), used £2 of my credit before I switched it on?

St-Paddy_55001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have to admit that this technology is a bit of a new thing for me so forgive me if this seems a bit stupid.

As the subject suggests, I have just got my SIM card swapped and O2 arranged for the account to be switched over but as soon as I switched my new phone on, I discovered I had already used £2 of my credit, how can this be and how do I stop this expense going forward.

My life does not revolve around my phone and I only got this one because the technology nowadays simply doesn't run on an I4-S so I am learning a lot now I am on the A34 5G. I send a few messages, take a few images, make a few calls - pretty basic really.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@St-Paddy_55001 

Go into the phone settings and turn off mobile data.

You can connect to wifi for free data use but using mobile data will eat your credit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@St-Paddy_55001 

Go into the phone settings and turn off mobile data.

You can connect to wifi for free data use but using mobile data will eat your credit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

St-Paddy_55001
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5,

Glad that one was an easy fix 👍

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

You're welcome @St-Paddy_55001 

Message 4 of 4