Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can O2 be this bad?

PDL1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m just to repost my Trustpilot review instead of wasting more of my time. If anyone can help resolve this, I’d be grateful. Thanks.

Here it is:

I don't think it can get much worse than this. As others have said, I would give zero stars if I could.

I am with Three and wanted to change to a better service that would include roaming in the EU. I decided to get a Pay As You go sim to try the network and make sure coverage is good in my area.

It took four days for the sim to arrive, despite lots of hype about quick delivery on their website.

I tried following the instructions that came with the sim to set up an myO2 account, but there was no way to register a new account through the app. I called customer service and was told the service I wanted was actually not available (i.e., rolling contract 30gb. They said I would only get 10gb for the same price). When I replied that I was reading from O2's information that came with the sim, they told me it was not correct. Eventually they went to speak to a manager, but after waiting for a (too) long time, I needed to hang up to attend to my family.

I eventually found a way to create an account in a web browser and was able to the sim. I then topped u, which I thought would activate the rolling contract I thought I ordered when I got the sim, but which did not do that. I added my details for a rolling contract and was charged for it (albeit not the 30gb rolling contract I was told I could get) but nothing appeared in my accoun even though I did get a confirmation text. Since I was not formally on any tariff, every time I used the phone, a message appeared that I was running out of my daily allowance. I was doing virtually nothing on the phone.

I tried to change personal information in myO2 and was sent a code, but there was nowhere to enter the code (I have screenshots of a text telling me to enter a code, but no space for that). I tried multiple times in different browsers and in the app, but nowhere could I enter the code. Then I get a message that they will not send out more codes, presumable because I had requested too many, so I called customer service. I answered several automated questions and was told they were connecting me to the right department, only to be disconnected on two occasions. I tried online chat, but there was no option for Pay As You Go. I selected monthly in the options just so I could find out what I needed to do. After a long wait, I was told they can't help and that I needed to call in even though I told them that I was being disconnected each time.

I tried calling again from my phone and was automatically transferred to monthly contracts. The lady told me she could not help me with anything because the Pay As You Go system was being upgraded and she could not transfer me to the correct department. She told me to wait two hours and to call back later. I tried after three hours and a new person told me to call back in four hours.

It's a hopeless company. I wish I had never had anything to do them. Three, which is known to have consistently poor customer service, is a dream by comparison. I now need to call O2 again, but dread it since I can almost be guaranteed that they will waste more of time and resolve nothing.

What do I want?

1.Refund of the top up money that was added.
2. Refund of rolling contract money since that was never available to me.
3. Delete my account from the system.

Update 1. I talked to a lady who was going to get my refund authorised by her supervisor (£20! Clearly employees are not trusted to authorise even the most minor refunds).I have now been waiting for over an hour. I suspect I will be disconnected when the call centre closes in 30 minutes.

Update 2. As expected, at 8:59pm I heard a voice and then the call was disconnected. I was on hold for 1 hour and 30 minutes. How pathetic. Now I have to start over again tomorrow. No accountability and no shame.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Kenzie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I thought I’d share my Trust Pilot review too! 

I’d been a loyal customer to O2 for years. I recently found out that I was being charged nearly an additional £40 a month for a number/device that wasn’t mine. Thought it was an additional charge for insurance or whatever, but it turned out it was not. My partner and I did the math and I’ve paid nearly a grand towards this company in that time. Their idea of compensation wasn’t even a quarter of the amount I’ve paid them over the two year period. Terrible customer service, in the process of terminating my contract with them now. Would not recommend unless you want to be scammed almost a grand!

Message 11 of 12

Leaving_this_cr
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I got wacked with a 16% increase this year. Its bad enough that the service was so terrible but now they are overcharging me for the privilege is the straw that broke the camels back. I believe they would describe me now as an active detractor 😋

Message 12 of 12