Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold mobile number

Tomo118
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi brought a gold number today but when I try to register it,it’s saying it’s registered to someone else but yet I can use the number to ring and receive calls,messages rang o2 with my concerns and they spoke to o2 fraud department who say nothing can be done until the person who’s name it’s in removes details I can not register it in my name,any suggestions please I’m beginning to think something is very wrong.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As you have been told, the person who registered it needs to give you the details so you can edit them or they need to deregister it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As you have been told, the person who registered it needs to give you the details so you can edit them or they need to deregister it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to contact the seller who will have to register the number in your name. I'm not saying the seller will, but as things stand, they could easily report the sim lost and get a new sim sent to himself enabling the number to be sold again. O2 won't do anything or give you any information as the number is not in your name. Many pitfalls when buying these gold numbers I'm afraid.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a question I have but what is gold numbers about? I know they are special but don’t know enough about them

Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

This is a question I have but what is gold numbers about? I know they are special but don’t know enough about them

Have a look here for a quick taster. These numbers go for thousands of pounds in some cases. Buying from a reputable company gets you ownership of the number and it's registered to you.

Buying from eBay is risky in the extreme.....

http://www.metallicnumbers.com

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/gold-mobile-numbers

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsiewrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Have a look here for a quick taster. These numbers go for thousands of pounds in some cases. Buying from a reputable company gets you ownership of the number and it's registered to you.

Buying from eBay is risky in the extreme.....

http://www.metallicnumbers.com

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/gold-mobile-numbers

Blimey people actually pay silly money just for a particular phone number

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Looking at some of the numbers in the the first link mine must be worth a couple of grand 😮

0775*00**00 offers invited 😂😂

Message 7 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It sounds like the OP has been scammed.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambinowrote:

It sounds like the OP has been scammed.

Totally agree. @Tomo118 should be contacting the seller immediately. (If indeed they are still contactable!!)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12