Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Stuff

Elaine58
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any one heard whether O2 are going to give out any free data?  My data ran out this morning 12 days before normal because I have like everyone else had to use more becasue of lockdown.  I can't get through to speak to anyone to enquire.  I have heard that BT are giving all their customers unlimited data during this Crisis.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Elaine58 

No they aren't sorry.

You will need to buy a bolt on to see you through.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Elaine58 ,

O2 currently has an offer on their £10 & £15 Big bundle that gives you 5x the data. Its eligible for new and existing customers. 

Get 5x data for up to 3 months on our selected Big Bundles, then reverts to standard data allowance. Offer will be applied automatically for first-time customers. Existing customers with an eligible Big Bundle must text “5XDATA” to 2424 from their O2 Pay As You Go phone to activate the offer. 

Unfortunately it doesn't help you in the short term but if you do it now then by the time your BigBundle refreshes you'll have 5x your normal data.

Hope this helps.

signature
Message 3 of 7

Elaine58
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sadly that doesn't help Sean. Looks like I am going to have to shop around for a provider that can help me at this time. Be a geat shame been an O2 customer for a very very long time. Thanks for getting back though. I don't know if mobile data is different from broadband I don't think it is but BT have removed all caps on broadband packages and all customers are having unlimited during the Crisis. Well done BT very disappointing O2
Message 4 of 7

Elaine58
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No response from O2. I only pay for limited data on my broadband but as a response to customers working from home which I am due to Coronavirus my provider has un capped my package and has given me free unlimited data for now. Very poor show O2
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Elaine58 

They open at 8am. Try then

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie