cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broke up, situation really complicated. Please help!

Damiano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon everyone 

Over one year ago, me and my girlfriend have taken contracts with 02. We have taken two iPhones but apparently as a gifts for ourselves. She has taken one for me and I have taken one for her. She is my account holder and I am her. We are not together anymore and the problem is I have lost my phone. The only thing what I want to do is order a new sim card with my existing number apparently she is my account holder I she refused to help me. Situation is really serious and complicated as I do not have access to my bank, icloud email etc as everything must be verified with my number. I have spent hours with o2 services already in those couple of days and she must be with me  otherwise they are not able to help me. I have two-factor authentication with apple and everyshing is secure with my number (which she is account holder) Please I do not know what to do with that, I am really stressful and nervous. I have take a brake from work. Soon I am going to visit my family, pay my bills, started study again.. but I do not have acess to that number and cannot get a new SIM card without her. Please help me if you have any ideas. I am running out of time .. 

Thank you in advance, wish you a good day. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23173 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Damiano The solution proposed by @jonsie is good, but at the end of the day you need to resolve this so that you're not paying for each other's contracts. That was never a sound idea.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 13

garetc
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 97 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Maybe don't just report her line as lost and get it blocked as that could end up alienating her and causing even more friction. Perhaps send her a message explaining that you're each liable for each other's lines and that it would be good to find a way forward as the same could happen to her in the future and she wouldn't be able to get a replacement SIM.

Also advise her that if you were to cancel the direct debit, because you do not have the line anymore, she could end up with a negative mark on her credit file as it's in her name. Likewise I would call O2 and double check that they're definitely paying for your line or the same could happen to you.

If diplomacy fails then maybe go down the route of cancelling her line until she agree's to help sort out your line.

If you do manage to resolve this you should look to transfer the lines into your own names as soon as possible.

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 12 of 13

Damiano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am I able to change number on my name if we are still on contracts ? 

Message 13 of 13