cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broke up, situation really complicated. Please help!

Damiano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon everyone 

Over one year ago, me and my girlfriend have taken contracts with 02. We have taken two iPhones but apparently as a gifts for ourselves. She has taken one for me and I have taken one for her. She is my account holder and I am her. We are not together anymore and the problem is I have lost my phone. The only thing what I want to do is order a new sim card with my existing number apparently she is my account holder I she refused to help me. Situation is really serious and complicated as I do not have access to my bank, icloud email etc as everything must be verified with my number. I have spent hours with o2 services already in those couple of days and she must be with me  otherwise they are not able to help me. I have two-factor authentication with apple and everyshing is secure with my number (which she is account holder) Please I do not know what to do with that, I am really stressful and nervous. I have take a brake from work. Soon I am going to visit my family, pay my bills, started study again.. but I do not have acess to that number and cannot get a new SIM card without her. Please help me if you have any ideas. I am running out of time .. 

Thank you in advance, wish you a good day. 

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Just report her sim lost 

Maybe then, common sense will prevail and you can order each other a new sim

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10189 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Damiano 

Unfortunately, and I am sure we all appreciate the situation there is very little o2 can do in this situation, as you are not the account holder then o2 can't speak to you as it would be a breach of GDPR and Data Protection Rules.. 

The only thing I can think to get yourself back online is to get a new number on PAYG and use that for 2FA until hopefully someone can get your ex to help.. 

The other options are nuclear, and could back fire, so i wont suggest them. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 13

Damiano
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The thing is I still have contract on that number, I can change it but how to still keep my tariff as i still pay for it ?

Message 3 of 13

madasaf1sh
  • 10189 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Damiano 

If it is in your ex's name you are not legally liable for it, they are and if you stop paying they will need to.  It maybe the only way to get help from them. 

You wont be able to keep that number, unless they help you. 

Its a nuclear option but maybe worth it, especially if they dont want to help you. 

Message 4 of 13

Damiano
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So you telling me to stop pay for my phone untill they will contact with me and then i explain situation?

Message 5 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Damiano It wouldn't seem to be in your ex-girlfriend's interest to refuse to help resolve this. If she is not cooperating, as you are in control of her account you could do the same. O2 will not budge on this, so you will need to sort this out between yourselves, or maybe get someone who is a mutual friend to broker a meeting between you to sort this out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 13

Damiano
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It sounds good. Do you have someone who can help me with that case, I mean proper person with qualifications? Someone who can contact with her and set up meeting. I do not even know if something like this exist about my case, we haven't even marriage lol. What a huge mistake i have done. God bless me.

Message 7 of 13

madasaf1sh
  • 10189 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Damiano 

Google Mediation Services, or look for a relationship advice charity such as Relate, they will be able to help..  

Message 8 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Just report her sim lost 

Maybe then, common sense will prevail and you can order each other a new sim

Message 9 of 13

Damiano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Toxic, I like that. Thank you guys for help. Lets look into angry eyes again.

Message 10 of 13