Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim

barrie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i upgraded my phone to a new device but it arrived without a new sim card. I cant used the old sim as its much bigger so ive been with a new phone for a month now without using it. Everytime i have tryed to order a new sim it takes me through the processes to order a new one but the automated message at the end says its only for customers who have a lost or stolen phone or have may have suffered from fraud. Any ideas how i can get my new sim for my new phone please and id like to keep my number.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@barrie1

Well in my opinion you can contact customer service for support. Try the numbers in this article
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
When you reach the options just select phone is stolen or fraud or anything to get you through
Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@barrie1 

Have you checked your sim card to see if you can push the midle out to make it smaller?

Verizon Triple Punch SIM Card (2FF/3FF/4FF), 4 Reviews : 5Gstore.com

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

barrie1
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you for the advice and i may just have to go down that road even tho its not lost or stolen but i was just going by the guidelines o2 say in this present day crises.

Message 4 of 17

barrie1
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes my old sim is  a standard one but new phone should have a nano sim. Thanks

Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@barrie1 wrote:

Yes my old sim is  a standard one but new phone should have a nano sim. Thanks

But does it separate @barrie1 

How long have you had it?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@barrie1 

Have you checked the picture above to see if you can push the nano part out?

If it's a very old standard sim,  you may not have this option and would have to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Been 3 in 1 sims for about 3 or 4 years now so unless ancient it should push out.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 17

barrie1
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes it does separate but my old phone was an iphone 3 and new phone is a samsung a20

Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@barrie1 

It will still work for now until such time that it is easier to get a replacement sim card.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17