cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 refusing refund on iphone in first 14 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

8 days ago i bought an iphone 5c Refurbished 16gb on 02 refresh online, £9.99 upfront and £8pm for handset and £21pm for airtime. in first 48 hours i phoned 02 to pay off the handset in full and cancel the airtime agreement. so i have paid £9.99 and £192 and the phone is completely mine

I have changed my mind about the 5c but they will not allow me to send the handset back in the first 14 days according to customer services due to some b/s about having paid off the handset in full and they will not take it back full stop. The invoice that came with the phone says i can send it back within 14 days and there is a prepaid barcode but no address to send it to. The phone just came in a cardboard box with cable and i collected it from local store.

On chat with 02 agent, he 100% told me I can send it back to 02 and get my £209 back. i have searched all day the T & C of 02 and cant find anything that says you are forbidden from sending a refurbished iphone back in 14 days if you paid for it in full and are not happy.

Please help, 14 days soon expires.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So, are we all saying it again then......? tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

great, so phone unused went back to 02 in Norwich today via prepaid postage they supplied. I was a bit worried that it wouldnt be insured in case it goes missing, they told me from customer services as long as I have proof of postage from Royal Mail I will be covered in case it goes missing.

I sent phone, original invoice , email from 02 confirming order plus copy of the chat room discussion where agent told me it was fine to send it back within 14 days.

MAYBE the customer services lady in 02 on thursday had a bad day when she told me her manager said i couldnt do it first time around.

i will update the post when i know the money is back in my bank account,

Message 22 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good luck @Anonymous Let us know how it goes....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 26

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Fingers crossed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous How are you getting on with this? Have you received the money back? Let us know how things are going.
Message 26 of 26