cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service from O2 - no data for weeks and get cut off on customer support

Anonymous
Not applicable

After a couple of weeks without a reliable data service and poor phone connections in the Bridport area I have tried to contact support. As usual they are experiencing the same higher than normal calls so I have been listening to your poor quality music for 12 minutes or so before you just dropped the line. I am 12 minutes into the second call and you cut me off again.  This is not customer service it is a disgrace.

There is also no chat available. Pathetic that a communications company can't communicate!

I have already had to take out a monthly contract with another supplier to be able to keep my business in touch. I could be looking to move away from O2 very soon

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry to hear this. I suppose you have done all the usual network checks? http://status.o2.co.uk/

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 21

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
This is a customer forum so whilst it's fine to let us know you are having problems you need to call cs to get it sorted.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding, but I have to say that the "game is NOT on!!" I have been here before with other providers and the local picture is never reflected on your status pages. Currently it says its fine with a little apology that they have been working on the masts. But they have been working on the 3 masts round here for weeks. It is not just me and it's not just one area.My partner and all my friends with O2 or GiffGaff have had no data and poor phone for about two weeks.

I went to Carphone Warehouse in town yesterday and they confirmed they had the same issues.

What kind of company is it that puts you in a queue and leaves you waiting for 12 minutes then cuts you off and sticks you to the back of the queue again?

Message 4 of 21

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes I agree it's poor and we have seen a few complaints about contacting cs this week.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the point of a community unless you can put pressure on to get problems sorted? At the top of this screen it says "Get help, share tips and chat" - well that's what I'm doing. And if you had read what I said you would see that I have tried customer services with no luck. My complaint is about cistomer services now!"

Message 7 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

We are all customers here, so there's no point in having a go at us. Follow this link if you want to lodge a complaint: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi again @Anonymous

Whilst we sympathise with your problems (and we do) we can only give the advice as we know it. If you want to complain about all your issues (network coverage and poor customer service) then use this link...

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Go down the complaints route and see what they say about the situation in your area. How long do have on your present contract as a move to a network giving better coverage is the obvious answer.

Message 10 of 21