cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 refusing refund on iphone in first 14 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

8 days ago i bought an iphone 5c Refurbished 16gb on 02 refresh online, £9.99 upfront and £8pm for handset and £21pm for airtime. in first 48 hours i phoned 02 to pay off the handset in full and cancel the airtime agreement. so i have paid £9.99 and £192 and the phone is completely mine

I have changed my mind about the 5c but they will not allow me to send the handset back in the first 14 days according to customer services due to some b/s about having paid off the handset in full and they will not take it back full stop. The invoice that came with the phone says i can send it back within 14 days and there is a prepaid barcode but no address to send it to. The phone just came in a cardboard box with cable and i collected it from local store.

On chat with 02 agent, he 100% told me I can send it back to 02 and get my £209 back. i have searched all day the T & C of 02 and cant find anything that says you are forbidden from sending a refurbished iphone back in 14 days if you paid for it in full and are not happy.

Please help, 14 days soon expires.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The link I posted on refurbished phones clearly states (within a secondary link) the 14 day returns policy is part of the T's&C's

"Our Change of Mind and our Returns & Repairs Policies

We understand that sometimes you may change your mind. That's why we have a 14-day Change of Mind period for all our customers. If you're not 100% happy with your purchase, here's what to do.

All of our customers have the right to cancel their contract within 14 days from when you sign up or when you get your sim and / or device (whichever one's later)".

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much  everyone for your input. I am going to the shop today and to speak to 02 customer services about returning the item in the box provided.

All i want to do, is spend more money on an iphone with 02 refresh and get a refurbished iphone 5s 32gb instead which will cost me £349 instead of the £209 i have paid. The thing is, i need the 5s with better camera and more memory for backpacking and taking better photos at night so i dont have to take my expensive camera out all the time which is too bulky to fit in my pocket.

They wouldnt do this on phone at customer services originally but I have evidence from chat last night with 02 person that this is wrong. Also, I have checked the T & C and nowhere does it say you cant return the iphone if paid off in full for a refund.

The invoice with the handset from 02 online does provide a returns label but NO address to send it back in the box. I havent even used it or synced it with itunes yet and because it is refurbished they will have no problemo selling it to another customer.

I will take photos of the package with the phone, and send it insured through Royal Mail today Friday 31-07 because the 14 days expires next tuesday 4th august.  i wish my local 02 store would help sending it back and dealing with the matter but they palm it off to 44555 or 202 because they say it was bought through 02 website. This means however, i should be covered under ''distance selling regulations'' here in the UK.

wish me luck

Message 12 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry for a bit of confusion - 02 customer services have said the reason they wont accept it back is because I have paid off device in full and cancelled the airtime contract even though it is in 14 days period - i am now on PAYG with 02 - i am not paying two year airtime agreement with them or anyone because i will not be in the UK much over the next 12 months so i paid my device off in full so i can use it whereever i am in the world with a local sim card so i dont get a £5000 per month roaming bill.

Message 13 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Bear in mind that getting it from O2 will mean the device is locked and you need to get it unlocked. To do so the phone must have been used with an O2 sim to register it on the network.

Good luck with this.

Message 14 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

sorry for a bit of confusion - 02 customer services have said the reason they wont accept it back is because I have paid off device in full and cancelled the airtime contract even though it is in 14 days period - i am now on PAYG with 02 - i am not paying two year airtime agreement with them or anyone because i will not be in the UK much over the next 12 months so i paid my device off in full so i can use it whereever i am in the world with a local sim card so i dont get a £5000 per month roaming bill.

I wouldnt have thought you paying off the phone in full had anything to do with your statutory rights and O2's change of mind policy?.... If within the 14 day cooling off period of the phone purchase then you are able to 'cancel' or exchange....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 26

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It shouldn't make any difference whatsoever whether the phone is paid in full or refurbished. Hope you get this sorted today.

Message 16 of 26

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Correct as I said previously.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

And me....:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

and everyone else...........Confused

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote: